Nov 6, 2008

Okay, Just One More Thing and I'll Be Quiet

I was absolutely in awe as I watched the day after votes come in and watched how three states succinctly turned out and voted for marriage being only for heterosexual couples. After years and years of fighting this kind of issue in the state I live in as well as watching it get fought in other states, I knew it would be a matter of time before we got to swallow another pill of unholiness.

Can I just say congratulations to my friends in California? Nice job! That was not a narrow margin either. It was a David and Goliath fight, and David won. There was a huge bazillion dollar budget on the pro gay side of that fight against a million dollar budget on the pro traditional side. To God alone be the glory. He fought that for California and it was breathtaking to watch.

Yahoo's news in the last twenty four hours is astonishing to me. They are not all pro Obama, pro gay marriage, pro socialism like they usually are. Here is an interesting and thoughtful response to what happened in California.

I encourage you to watch the YouTube ad they have linked on that article with Gavin Newsom basically bragging about how you don't have a choice, you will be pro gay marriage "whether you like it or not". Whoever did the marketing on that hit the nerve that I have been feeling tickled for too long. It is one thing to be tolerant of other's ungodliness, but it's another thing to have it forced and mandated down your throat.

I am also glad to see that Hollywood will need to tuck their tales between their legs and be a little more tempered on this issue. The majority of their audience doesn't agree with them, and they need to think twice about what they say in front of a camera. Personally, I don't watch what the camera puts in front of me from such celebrities.

No comments: