Feb 13, 2009

Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant

Dr. Joseph Aldrich, home with the Lord, where we all belong.

Dr. Joseph Aldrich, or Dr. Joe, as we all knew him was the President of Multnomah University for I don't know how long. He was the president when I was a student. He was the Billy Graham of the Pacific Northwest. Several years ago, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and took a big step back from ministry. This morning, his ministry continues in the hands of the Lord.

I will remember him as a dynamic speaker, not ashamed to shed a tear when speaking of difficult things, and preached a very practical lifestyle of evangelism. No foofy, lofty words. Just put a verb in your words, and get going in your ministry.

I pray for his close-knit family as they say goodbye to Dr. Joe. I also pray for his larger family, which spans the globe. His influence is far reaching, and for that, he has many jewels in his crown.

Thank you, Dr. Joe.

No comments: