Sep 7, 2009

Portland Tea Party

Tonight our city hosted a Labor Day Tea Party. For those who haven't heard of these, this is a historical reference to the Boston Tea Party where the colonists revolted against Britain's high tea tax. We, the city of Portland, rallied against both national and statewide crippling tax hikes.

I encourage you to check out your local politics. In observance of Labor Day and the 9/11 anniversary, these are happening all over the country. Please take the time to participate in local politics and show your support for lowering taxes during our recession, minimizing government presence in our daily lives, allowing free speech and questions at town halls, your thoughts on Cap and Trade (or Decapi Tate as I call it), socialized health care, etc. You may or may not agree with all that is said at these gatherings, but it is so important to participate in politics.

Here is a great collection of the banners I saw tonight.

No comments: