Jan 6, 2010

We Are Still in the Christmas Season.....

Our church did it again. We do a children's Christmas pageant every year, and every year, it gets better and better. I have a preliminary slide show for us to enjoy. I am working on a masterpiece, so hold on for more, but I know several parents are excited to see something.

For those not involved, but love to watch kids. I need to make a few highlights. You might remember last year my tearful typing of a post about the wonderful Burmese family that came to our church.....with no English. After months and months of trying to include them in things, yet only having blanks stares to exchange....we offered (couldn't speak so we held up ratty costumes to show them we wanted them to join us) the kids to join us in our Christmas pageant. I still get choked up remembering that magical day. Please click here for a refresher.

This year....that same Burmese family was an integral part of our pageant. But even better. They have immersed themselves in their schooling and had English speaking parts. Kwa Too, one of the few young boys of this family, had a speaking part as Joseph. Several of the sisters were angels, that had English speaking songs to sing, including hand motions. What a joy to see them this year!

Also, I won't point out who....but it was also quite special since another one of the angels is also a leukemia patient and has had a tough year. Her hair grew back, there is color and a spark in her face. What a joy that she could participate in the pageant this year, last year she couldn't.

Yes, Joy to the World seemed an appropriate song this year.


No comments: