Okay, I am sitting here and I remember something that happened to me last month and it still makes me laugh. Let me set it up. I was in Houston at my company's national conference. It is silly early in the morning and I am standing in line at Starbucks. The perky woman behind me reads my name badge and here's how it went:
Woman, "You're AMG from Oregon?"
Me, "Yes." I am instantly annoyed because it's so early (not a morning person remember) and she's asking me a question that can be gained empirically on my namebadge--in fact, she is parroting it to me as though I don't know what it says.
Woman, "They have Unit Leaders in Oregon?" I am a Unit Leader in my company, it says so on my name badge as well.
My response, "Yes, and we have running water and indoor plumbing as well."
5 comments:
I'm laughing. I can just hear you saying that. You make me laugh.
See and I think it's funny because I am normally not the sharpest tool in the shed at whatever o'clock in the morning. I also think it's funny because some people out there think we here in the Pacific Northwest are still in Gold Rush days.
That's strange. I thought we had gotten beyond that as a state...
Me too, Tracy! Now I know as I read this I seem unreasonable to get annoyed so quickly. But emphasis on perky. She was high school cheerleader perky. Say it high pitched, "Oh! You're AMG from Oregon!" I don't mind perky most of the time...but this was SO early, and she's doing this while yanking at my name badge.
Post a Comment