Sep 5, 2007

Back to School

We had Back to School Open House last night. Here are some highlights....

What do six year old best friends do when they haven't seen each other all summer? Dog pile. Yes, you also see the behind of our two year old in there too. No fear.

This morning was the first day of school. Of course, there is the first hanging of the backpack....
The first "Good Morning!"
And the first activity.

Now, I have no idea what to do with myself! I have a two year who is quite proficient in playing by himself, and doesn't need me to play with him like his older brother did at this age. I have a messy house that is calling me. I also have to plan lunches now! So maybe I should bake something for snacks. I am not in my normal schedule right now, and it's strange to say the least.

Of course, our little private Christian school, is always needing fundraisers. The big one this last year has been the Box Tops for Education. If you see one of these labels on one of the products on your shelves, feel free to cut it out for us! Just leave a comment and I'll email you personally so we can connect.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

AMG said...

Thank you! The products I find them on the most are cereals, Bisquick, Kleenex and Ziploc products. It is amazing how much they add up and can really help a school. Thank you!

FG said...

How long will you be collecting the box tops? I'll keep my eye out, I may have some right now. I love the back to school pictures. I'm glad I still have a few years before I have to make that adjustment. Bless you!

AMG said...

You know it's amazing. When they first started this last year, we raided the cabinets and came up with about eight right off the bat. We also found them on odd things...JM found one on a Kleenex box in the car. I found one on a package of those pull apart cookies which is plastic! They said they are doing this all year, and we appreciate you keeping your eyes out for them. Also know that you have preschool and kindergarten to get you ready for this seriously empty house that I have now. You may have another junior by then to keep you company. (=