Here goes!
10) I rode in a taxi by the hospital in Nassau, Bahamas that Anna Nicole Smith had her baby girl in and her son died in. The taxi was being driven by a drunk taxi driver, though we didn't realize that when we got in the taxi. I had a slight vision of actually being in the hospital myself.
9)I have eaten a lot of adventurous food. Conch (pronounced "conck"), escargot, quail, duck, and plantains. Guess which ones of those I have had before. One of the best restaurants I ate at was a place called "The Poop Deck" in Nassau. I absolutely recommend this restaurant the next time you find yourself in Nassau. The walls are covered with celebrity pictures and autographs who have been there as well. Pictures will be coming soon of that.
8) I had my hair braided/cornrowed.
7) I have been flirted with by men twice my age and half my age, and so was my friend. Neither one of us initiated the flirtation, it was initiated by the men. We both agreed, since we spend most of our time in yoga pants at home with our kids, it's nice to know we still have some looks that are attractive to someone.
6) I got a tattoo. I'll let that fact sit for awhile while the shock wears off of most of you. I'll give you details at the end.
5) I took a shot of tequila, and I haven't done that since college. Don't plan to do it anytime again soon.
4) I snorkeled over the shipwreck Cali in Grand Cayman. Very cool story there, no it wasn't a wartime kind of thing, just maritime logic and maybe a bit too much rum in the decision making. (I recommend clicking on the pictures to make bigger, they are not mine, I found them on the internet, but I was in the exact spot where these were taken. My underwater photos need to be developed still.)
3) I laughed so many times watching my friend walk out onto our balcony of our stateroom (yes, balcony, not everyone got a room like ours), and trip coming back inside. I was usually laying on my bed, and she looked like Peter Pan trying to come through the threshold. It makes me giggle now. I also saw her do that coming out of a bathroom. It was comical by the end of the trip!
2) I stood at a memorial at the Anglican church in Nassau, read the memorial stone, and wept. I will share more on that in a future post. They were not tears of pain, but tears of God's work in the lives of people, not just now, but in 1825 when the memorial was first dedicated.
1) I have chatted (sometimes flirted) with people from all of the following countries: Serbia, Indonesia, India, Jamaica, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Ukraine, and I can't think of the others, but I'll get back to you on that.
The tattoo?? It is a henna tattoo. It looks real, and will last for several weeks. But it isn't permanent, but it's been a fun joke to play on others, my husband mainly.
I have also updated my movie list. I saw a lot of movies in hotels that we rented, and also the movies we saw on flights. I have seen more movies in the last week than I have in the last year. I will be doing a completely separate post on the movie "Bella". Extremely tragic story with a wonderful redemptive ending. My friend and I were not just sniffling during this movie, but sobbing. And it has a message about crisis pregnancy. Are you intrigued?
And re-entry is brutal. I have a kitchen that has dishes filling the sink, it didn't have a buffet waiting for me when I got up this morning. I had to make my bed Saturday night when I got home, it wasn't made for me. In fact, the reason it wasn't made was because my husband had my toddler sleeping in it (a big no no when Mommy is home), which he then peed in.
Yep, re-entry is brutal.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see the pics! Have you attempted to play some packrat??? I had a feeling coming back to real life would be hard! but at least it sounds like you had a wonderful time!
:-)
Bienvenue!
angela
Sounds like you have a whole lot of fun! :)
The tattoo - what and where?
OH MAN! You really had me going with the tattoo! I got henna'd in India one time and it was fun and interesting to have that. I had my hand done with a pretty flowery intricate pattern that my teenage girlfriend made up. It has that really funny smell for a long time. That was hard to get rid of.
Post a Comment