Oct 30, 2008

List of Facts....And Opinions....

In our lessons right now, we are distinguishing between facts and opinions. I feel bad for JM. At his age, it is hard to see the gray area of opinion. Here is my list of facts in my life right now, as well as my opinion....

Facts:
1) I am voting for McCain/Palin.
2) I have my ballot ready to fill out.
3) I have not a clue on the ballot measures I have to vote on.
4) I have precious little time to read the ballot measure pamphlet/book.
5) I have to send in my ballot in the next 48 hours for my vote to be counted.
6) I don't know when I'll be sleeping in the next 48 hours.

Opinion:
1) I think that once we get anyone in the White House, it could be Elmo at this point, the economy will relax.

2) I think Sarah Palin has had enough mud thrown at her.

3) I think the press, and it's fear mongering headlines, has caused a lot of the fear we have in our economy right now. In the words of a network executive "I use the headline that will get my shareholders the most money." Yep, and because of that, the rest of us just lost our 401K's and won't be retiring until we're 90. Thanks.

4) I think the press needs to be fair, and dig up dirt on Joe Biden, mix it with water, and throw it at him. It's only fair. They are doing it to Sarah Palin, they should do it to Joe Biden.

5) I think we have a great nation that needs to remember back to the basics of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and what it means to protect our country.

6) I know my military upbringing has a lot to do with my opinions of our country, national security, and conservative attitude. I am glad for it. I think all of us should experience sacrifice for our country. I didn't have my dad for many Christmases, holidays, birthdays, etc. because of his service. Many times he was on secure missions where we honestly didn't know where, literally, in the world he was--for months at a time, during a very tenuous time in our history with the Middle East. He could very easily have not come home even though he didn't see combat.

7) Bottom line, I think Barack Obama hasn't a clue how to handle the future of this country in regards to the Middle East. Why do I care so much about this? Because I don't want any more planes flying into our buildings. I don't want a war on our soil.

Okay, I am done. As you were....

No comments: