Dec 27, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

Here are some of the things we did on Christmas Eve. First, we made some goodies. I have Google as my home page, and I have customized it so that I get a recipe a day from several resources, one of them being Betty Crocker. So here was one of those recipes. Click here for the link. It is the easiest cake I have ever made. Yes, it was cake mix and frosting out of a can, but hey, it impressed the kids and my inlaws, and that is all that counts.


This is BH carrying bags out the door for us. We are headed to Grandpa and Grandma's for Christmas.
This is Christmas Eve. We are eating at Aunt D's house. She made us pizza.

Here is BH and his cousin lighting the advent candles at the Christmas Eve service we attended. Very cute!

There you go! I have about 200+ pictures from Christmas morning to go through, so hang on while I get ready to post Christmas photos.

I have to say, our family did a fun thing this year. We celebrate Christmas with my mother and father in law, one unmarried sister in law, then another sister in law and her husband and daughter (pictured above). The kids get more presents than most third world countries. In year's past, so have the adults.

We agreed this year that all the adults would do something different. Each adult would purchase a gift for $50, then we would do some drawing/trading typical of what a lot of offices do with gifts. First thing it accomplished 1) No more extravagant gift giving. That was getting out of hand. 2) We didn't need a second vehicle to come home with all the gifts and our kids. In years past, we had to leave some gifts behind because the car was too full.

Plus, it was totally fun! I gave a beautiful handmade quilt at our church's bazaar for $50 that was so underpriced, it was nuts. My hubbie gave a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. Nice! Child of God is wishing she was related to us. I received an under cabinet radio and CD player with a remote. Nice! That is all I need. My hubbie got gift certificates to local movie theatres and a gift card to Red Robin for a nice night out. Nice! That is all we need.

We agreed to do it again next year. We have all year to be really creative in our gift giving. One thing my hubbie and I hope to drop hints for next year--one gift from each adult to the kids. You'll see in the next Christmas Day post, the gifts for the kids are a bit out of hand.

No comments: