Well, we are getting torrential rains this time. Usually it's lots and lots of just drizzly rain. Here is what I know:
1)The Christmas party I planned with my working colleagues was a bust last night because of this rain. One gal was sandbagging her parents house because they live by a creek and the creek was "kissing the back porch." Another gal couldn't get out of her driveway because the water was so high on her street.
2) It is very warm outside.
3) If you are going to Seattle from Oregon, good luck. The freeway is closed at Chehalis, WA in both directions. My friend who is a flight attendant out of Seattle is looking to have some time off, and loving it.
4) If you are in central Oregon or Washington, good luck getting to the coast. Many of the roads that take you to the coast are close, and only seem to be opening intermittently. The coastal range is getting the hardest hit with winds. Many many power lines are down and many roads with low areas have flooding. My understanding is that phone lines and cell phone towers are affected too.
I feel blessed that my home is doing just fine!
My only selfish complaint is the gloom is here. It gets so overcast and gray on days like today that it feels like evening at 7:30 in the morning, see the picture above. It's doesn't change. So for the most part....I just feel gloomy. I feel like the weather.
But I am thankful that I have power. I have my family and home. I know there are some folks who are very scared right now with flooding waters or being stranded. My prayers to them, and please think to pray for them if you can.
I need to light some candles....
No comments:
Post a Comment