What???!! That is the best version. It is like six hours long. So it will be on for the next three weeks on PBS. Oh my, you must Netflix the first two hours.
I knew she was a young gal. But again, I pose my question--who isn't in love with him?? Colin Firth is HAWT! He also has that brooding British thing goin' on.
I searched for all the versions of P&P on Netflix and found some interesting reviews on each of them. I saw some criticism on the Colin Firth version that the secondary characters were not terribly well done and that Lizzie Bennett was too pretty. Not in keeping with the book. The other version - a bit older, I guess - has a better portrayal of the mother, for instance, and the little sister who marries the cad. It is also a mini series, about the same length. It was the first version that I ever saw, so it's my favorite.
Hmmm....now I am intrigued. I disagree with the critique that Lizzie isn't pretty. But I haven't seen other full mini series versions to see other depictions of the characters. I think Mr. Collins in the Colin Firth version is awesome. He is so socially inept.
I'll make a deal with you, I'll watch your version if you watch mine. Then let's go out the Vietnamese again!
The reviewers who favored my version opined that the portrayals were more in keeping with the book's portrayal. And that Lizzie is not supposed to be quite as pretty as Jane. Jane is the prettiest and Lizzie is not difficult to look at or something like that.
Anyway, it's a deal. I'll go to Netflix and post a note on my version so you can find it.
I found it! I also got your Netflix note and responded with my version back to you. I think this will be fun!
If anyone wants to join us, please feel free to pick a version, watch the whole thing, then join our discussion.
We'll figure out a time later to go to Vietnamese food, but trust me, it is wonderful, fresh, food that will not disappoint.
I sent Tracy a note too saying, I am looking forward to this because truly, you can't go wrong with Jane Austen matched with the BBC versions of these timeless classics. This will be fun!
10 comments:
Love this movie! My daughter is in love with Mr Darcy! too funny!
angela
I'm in love with Mr. Darcy!! Who isn't??
(=
I never saw the BBC with Colin Firth. I love an older version that is also BBC.
What???!! That is the best version. It is like six hours long. So it will be on for the next three weeks on PBS. Oh my, you must Netflix the first two hours.
PS I love your new pic!
HI! I should mention that my daughter is only 7 years old...and is in love with Mr Darcy! Oh no!!!
take care,
angela
I knew she was a young gal. But again, I pose my question--who isn't in love with him?? Colin Firth is HAWT! He also has that brooding British thing goin' on.
I searched for all the versions of P&P on Netflix and found some interesting reviews on each of them. I saw some criticism on the Colin Firth version that the secondary characters were not terribly well done and that Lizzie Bennett was too pretty. Not in keeping with the book. The other version - a bit older, I guess - has a better portrayal of the mother, for instance, and the little sister who marries the cad. It is also a mini series, about the same length. It was the first version that I ever saw, so it's my favorite.
Hmmm....now I am intrigued. I disagree with the critique that Lizzie isn't pretty. But I haven't seen other full mini series versions to see other depictions of the characters. I think Mr. Collins in the Colin Firth version is awesome. He is so socially inept.
I'll make a deal with you, I'll watch your version if you watch mine. Then let's go out the Vietnamese again!
Which version of yours am I looking for?
The reviewers who favored my version opined that the portrayals were more in keeping with the book's portrayal. And that Lizzie is not supposed to be quite as pretty as Jane. Jane is the prettiest and Lizzie is not difficult to look at or something like that.
Anyway, it's a deal. I'll go to Netflix and post a note on my version so you can find it.
I found it! I also got your Netflix note and responded with my version back to you. I think this will be fun!
If anyone wants to join us, please feel free to pick a version, watch the whole thing, then join our discussion.
We'll figure out a time later to go to Vietnamese food, but trust me, it is wonderful, fresh, food that will not disappoint.
I sent Tracy a note too saying, I am looking forward to this because truly, you can't go wrong with Jane Austen matched with the BBC versions of these timeless classics. This will be fun!
Post a Comment